Audit Your Sales and Marketing Process
Get Effective, Quick Win, Marketing Strategy Advice From a Sales & Marketing Expert
With over 27 years of sales and marketing experience, there isn’t much that we haven’t seen!
Kurian has provided constructive solutions for our retail business. He is keenly insightful and perceptive; has a superb capacity to listen and then think of a solution with blazing swiftness. What I value most, is that he is a consultant that sees the big picture, the entire scope of our business.
Allison MacLean, Founder, Carbon Environmental Boutique
I recently attended a business conference where Kurian hosted an expert round table on sales and marketing. He was able to give me a better marketing pitch for my company in 2 minutes than I’ve been able to come up with in 2 years!
Char Smith, President, Smith Research Inc.
With time being a precious commodity, I’m thankful I recently committed 60 mins to Kurian’s recent marketing webinar as I walked away with new, thought provoking ideas for our organization. I would certainly recommend spending the time listening to Kurian as he really has his finger on the pulse of current & topical, innovative marketing tactics that will force you to assess whether your current strategies are working or require refinement.
Curtis Serna, President, Storm Telematics, Inc.
We recently engaged Kurian to complete a Go-To-Market strategy for our Centre of Excellence’s water re-use certification program. The recommendations we received provided us with strong market research, market participant interviews, and a clearer understanding of the market landscape we are entering. Most importantly, it provided us with a documented strategy that we could share with our stakeholders that defined our value propositions, key messaging, and a framework for a sales and marketing program we could deploy. I would encourage anyone launching a new product or service to take advantage of these Go-To-Market services.
Janice Isberg, MEd, Director of Operations, Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence
Kurian gave a keynote speech ‘Understanding our Brand’ to the Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta (ACPA) members at our AGM. Seldom does a group of chemists get excited about marketing or branding, but Kurian energized this crowd with his knowledgeable and very entertaining presentation. His experience and deep understanding of the topic was immediately obvious. I can hardly wait to see what branding insight emerges from the brain storming exercises he led at the end of our session. I would not hesitate to recommend Kurian to other Associations struggling with marketing and public image.
Kathy Janzen, Executive Director, Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta
I wish I could have picked more than three attributes of Great Results, Expert, and Creative! I worked with Kurian on taking my invention, the Juice Box, to market through a technology commercialization program we did in a one day boot camp. Kurian was very knowledgeable about the process and by the end of day I felt confident about the direction we were going to take my product in. Kurian is very direct and makes you think in depth about each step of the strategy. He made sure we stayed on task and focused and I feel I got very good value out of the program. I would recommend Kurian to anyone needing a new venture sales and marketing consultant.
Nancy Wilde, Founder, Juice Box Toolbox
I engaged Kurian to develop a market assessment and Go-To-Market strategy for the launch of our new recruiting website. The resulting strategy provided an industry landscape, specific recommendations on which markets to initially enter, and what product messages would achieve the best sales results. The project was a great experience, and my key learnings were the importance of core messaging, and the process for identifying what product attributes would compel a customer purchase (… which can be vastly different than what the entrepreneur thinks they are!). There is only one thing I would do different. For my next product launch, I will be conducting a market assessment and Go-To-Market strategy at the beginning of the venture so that I can implement the recommendations into the actual creation of the product from the start!
Mark Meier, President Cazeen Resource Management
The Edmonton CFA Society hired Kurian during a recent marketing and re-branding project. Kurian’s approach helped us to look beyond the appearances of our current situation to create a marketing toolset based on what we really needed, … and not just what we asked for. The result is that we have a new set of core messages to build our market with. Kurian is fantastic to work with and we would definitely use him again.
Aaron Brown, President, Edmonton CFA Society
Kurian has broad experience and knowledge in creating and implementing marketing strategies. Even though we were the first HVAC/Mechanical company he has dealt with, he was up to speed very quickly on the industry and our company. Kurian is enjoyable to work with, has integrity and is very energetic. He helps keep us on track, and surrounds himself with like-minded people on his team.
Kurian has proven himself to be the right choice for building a sound strategy for our firm.
Gary Edwards, IMG Services
I have worked with Kurian on the development of marketing plans, sales growth strategies, lead generation, email campaigns and SEO optimization. He has an excellent knowledge of sales and marketing strategies and I would highly recommend the use of his services to any company wanting to grow its sales funnel in a focused and methodical manner and achieve successful results.
Chris Sellathamby, Vice President – Sales and Marketing at Scanimetrics Inc.
I have known Kurian for a number of years and have spoken to him on many occasions regarding marketing strategy, social media strategy and tools and business development models. I have found Kurian to be very knowledgeable in these areas and has significant experience increasing business through marketing, social media and business development. He walks the talk.
Kurian excels at advising organizations on strategies to grow their business. He is an excellent instructor and provides an engaging learning environment where participants walk away with tools and strategies to use immediately. I would recommend Kurian for both consulting and teaching engagements.
Heather Christensen, Associate Dean, Executive Education, Alberta School of Business
see all 60+ testimonials … (new window)
Start with an Audit to Identify Quick Wins and Areas to Improve
Clients reach out to us when they want to improve their sales and marketing processes, but don’t know where to start. Our proven process will diagnose key areas to identify quick wins and areas to improve, including:
- Value Propositions and Key Messaging
- Company, Product and Services Competitive Positioning
- Marketing Funnel and Lead Generation Methods
- Sales Cycle and Sales Method
What we will do
- Review of all sales and marketing systems, collateral, business plans, marketing plans, etc.
- Interviews with up to ten (10) key staff and clients to assess their perspectives of the current situation
- Analysis and Summary Report in a PowerPoint deck
- Presentation of Findings
Top 10 Issues We Help Clients Solve
|We need more leads, referrals, and sales.
|Create an inbound lead generation system
|We have too many leads falling to the wayside.
|Install a lead management system
|We have too many competitors – Clients don’t know why they should choose us.
|Develop a strong value proposition
|No one knows us.
|Develop a set of Key Messages to Publicize
|We lack the staff to get marketing tasks done.
|Let us do it for you
|We are attracting the wrong kinds of clients.
|Target Market based on Key Segments
|Our sales team needs to be more effective.
|Install a Sales Framework based on Buying Stages
|We don’t have a compensation model that motivates the sales team.
|Install a Compensation system based on Buying Stages
|We can’t create an accurate sales forecast.
|Install a Forecasting System based on Buying Stages
|We need a better strategy.
|Create one with our signature Marketing Strategy in a Day Workshop
Sample Professional Engagements Have Included:
- Associations – Creation of sales and marketing strategy, sales and marketing programs
- Business Incubators – Organizational reviews, stakeholder consultations, future strategy creation
- Canadian Chartered Bank – Marketing strategy training for their commercial banking team
- Construction Firm – Sales & marketing strategy coaching to their leadership
- Construction Firm – Creation of sales and marketing strategy
- Distribution Company – Strategic planning to assist in defining their vision
- Distribution Company – Acting as a sales & marketing strategy coach to their leadership
- Engineering Firm – Sales & Marketing strategy workshops for market development
- GIS Firm – Sales & Marketing consulting to advance their brand into new markets
- Government Department – Creation of a marketing plan, and assistance with its execution
- High Tech Company – Contract VP of Marketing to develop their marketplace
- Life Science Company – Creation of sales and marketing strategy
- Life Science Company – Creation of an Investor Pitch document to facilitate a capital raise
- Life Science Company – Creation and execution of sales and marketing programs
- Manufacturing Company – Strategic planning to assist in executing their vision
- Media Firm – Strategic planning to assist in defining their market plan
- Media Firm – Sales & Marketing Coaching to their Leadership
- Municipalities – Development of Investment Attraction strategies
- Nonprofit Fund Development Firm – Creation of a Sales Playbook for their sales team
- Public Company – Creation of a business plan to spin–off a division, and raise capital
- Retailer – Sales & Marketing Coaching to their Leadership
- Retailer – Creation of a launch strategy for their new product lineBut, … Are We the Right Fit for Each Other?
We love working with young, growing companies. But we take on fewer than 10 strategy development clients a year. We have to. Because we dedicate so much of our resources to creating a customized solution for each business we are very selective about who we work with. If you have read this far in this long copy letter (… and not everyone reads this far), you may have the beginnings of a good fit for a long-lasting strategic relationship.
But do you also have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for your business and a desire to see it succeed no matter what
- A willingness to learn, and acknowledge that you don’t know what you don’t know
- An open mind to try new things, and invest in growth
- $2500 – introductory flat fee for first-time clients
Here’s How to Contact Us
KURIAN MATHEW THARAKAN