The Ascend Marketing Coaching Program. Get Scheduled and On Call Marketing Coaching. Expert Insight. Clear Direction. Proven Systems.
Every Great Player Needs a Great Coach
With over 27 years of sales and marketing experience, there isn’t much that we haven’t seen! Here are what some of our clients are saying:
Kurian has provided constructive solutions for our retail business. He is keenly insightful and perceptive; has a superb capacity to listen and then think of a solution with blazing swiftness. What I value most, is that he is a consultant that sees the big picture, the entire scope of our business.
Allison MacLean, Founder, Carbon Environmental Boutique
I recently attended a business conference where Kurian hosted an expert round table on sales and marketing. He was able to give me a better marketing pitch for my company in 2 minutes than I’ve been able to come up with in 2 years!
Char Smith, President, Smith Research Inc.
With time being a precious commodity, I’m thankful I recently committed 60 mins to Kurian’s recent marketing webinar as I walked away with new, thought provoking ideas for our organization. I would certainly recommend spending the time listening to Kurian as he really has his finger on the pulse of current & topical, innovative marketing tactics that will force you to assess whether your current strategies are working or require refinement.
Curtis Serna, President, Storm Telematics, Inc.
We recently engaged Kurian to complete a Go-To-Market strategy for our Centre of Excellence’s water re-use certification program. The recommendations we received provided us with strong market research, market participant interviews, and a clearer understanding of the market landscape we are entering. Most importantly, it provided us with a documented strategy that we could share with our stakeholders that defined our value propositions, key messaging, and a framework for a sales and marketing program we could deploy. I would encourage anyone launching a new product or service to take advantage of these Go-To-Market services.
Janice Isberg, MEd, Director of Operations, Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence
Kurian gave a keynote speech ‘Understanding our Brand’ to the Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta (ACPA) members at our AGM. Seldom does a group of chemists get excited about marketing or branding, but Kurian energized this crowd with his knowledgeable and very entertaining presentation. His experience and deep understanding of the topic was immediately obvious. I can hardly wait to see what branding insight emerges from the brain storming exercises he led at the end of our session. I would not hesitate to recommend Kurian to other Associations struggling with marketing and public image.
Kathy Janzen, Executive Director, Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta
I wish I could have picked more than three attributes of Great Results, Expert, and Creative! I worked with Kurian on taking my invention, the Juice Box, to market through a technology commercialization program we did in a one day boot camp. Kurian was very knowledgeable about the process and by the end of day I felt confident about the direction we were going to take my product in. Kurian is very direct and makes you think in depth about each step of the strategy. He made sure we stayed on task and focused and I feel I got very good value out of the program. I would recommend Kurian to anyone needing a new venture sales and marketing consultant.
Nancy Wilde, Founder, Juice Box Toolbox
I engaged Kurian to develop a market assessment and Go-To-Market strategy for the launch of our new recruiting website. The resulting strategy provided an industry landscape, specific recommendations on which markets to initially enter, and what product messages would achieve the best sales results. The project was a great experience, and my key learnings were the importance of core messaging, and the process for identifying what product attributes would compel a customer purchase (… which can be vastly different than what the entrepreneur thinks they are!). There is only one thing I would do different. For my next product launch, I will be conducting a market assessment and Go-To-Market strategy at the beginning of the venture so that I can implement the recommendations into the actual creation of the product from the start!
Mark Meier, President Cazeen Resource Management
The Edmonton CFA Society hired Kurian during a recent marketing and re-branding project. Kurian’s approach helped us to look beyond the appearances of our current situation to create a marketing toolset based on what we really needed, … and not just what we asked for. The result is that we have a new set of core messages to build our market with. Kurian is fantastic to work with and we would definitely use him again.
Aaron Brown, President, Edmonton CFA Society
Kurian has broad experience and knowledge in creating and implementing marketing strategies. Even though we were the first HVAC/Mechanical company he has dealt with, he was up to speed very quickly on the industry and our company. Kurian is enjoyable to work with, has integrity and is very energetic. He helps keep us on track, and surrounds himself with like-minded people on his team.
Kurian has proven himself to be the right choice for building a sound strategy for our firm.
Gary Edwards, IMG Services
I have worked with Kurian on the development of marketing plans, sales growth strategies, lead generation, email campaigns and SEO optimization. He has an excellent knowledge of sales and marketing strategies and I would highly recommend the use of his services to any company wanting to grow its sales funnel in a focused and methodical manner and achieve successful results.
Chris Sellathamby, Vice President – Sales and Marketing at Scanimetrics Inc.
I have known Kurian for a number of years and have spoken to him on many occasions regarding marketing strategy, social media strategy and tools and business development models. I have found Kurian to be very knowledgeable in these areas and has significant experience increasing business through marketing, social media and business development. He walks the talk.
Kurian excels at advising organizations on strategies to grow their business. He is an excellent instructor and provides an engaging learning environment where participants walk away with tools and strategies to use immediately. I would recommend Kurian for both consulting and teaching engagements.
Heather Christensen, Associate Dean, Executive Education, Alberta School of Business
Kurian is a sales and marketing guru. His approach is innovative and results driven.
Kurian worked one on one with our business to really help us define who we are and what we can offer. He pushed us to think deeply and work through our own mental barriers to uncover several ‘aha’ opportunities. In the short time we spent with Kurian, we received extreme value for the investment. And, we had fun doing it. Thank you Kurian.
Michelle Manary, Partner, Reframe HR
Upon the development of my virtual nutrition company, I knew the value of implementing a key marketing program in order to launch and grow my business. I needed someone with years of marketing experience and an analytical ability in order to coach me along the way. Kurian was exactly that. He is a creative and marketing genius. His positive energy, wealth of industry knowledge, timely correspondence and strategic thinking facilitated the creation of a profitable marketing system. Kurian has been an invaluable asset to my company and comes highly recommended.
I am thankful to have the opportunity to work with Kurian as my marketing coach and mentor to develop a marketing strategy for a global travel portfolio company. He has impressed me so much with his knowledge, and I particularly treasure his visionary fresh-thinking and natural ability to lead/guide me through a set of processes and tools that I have found very easy to understand. The result is a better understanding of my data, deeper insights into my customers and a better comprehension of my marketplace. Kurian is inspiring, super intelligent, positive and charming. I thoroughly enjoy our coaching sessions. I get so much value from them, in particular, thinking on a higher strategic level. I really feel like I have learned more in the last 4 weeks than I have in the last 10 years. This had given me a lot more confidence and know-how to develop and implement a customer data led marketing strategy. I strongly recommend him.
see all 60+ testimonials … (new window)
The three common challenges
Regardless of our client’s situation, there are three primary challenges they all have:
- They did not have enough prospects that converted into sales
- They did not have a compelling story that motivated prospects to act
- They did not have a system to get consistent sales results
We will help you create solutions for these challenges. Our coaching program will:
- Expand your knowledge and confidence to take the steps to effectively grow your business
- Help you stand out from your competitors
- Hold you accountable for building a focused sales and marketing system
- Give you a sense of control. (marketing really can perform consistently and predictably.)
Our marketing strategy coaching services are tailored to meet the needs of small to medium-sized business. Companies receive personalized one-on-one marketing coaching, including the creation of a Marketing Strategy and all aspects of managing and implementing the system. Fees are based on a monthly coaching retainer. The accountability of a coach helping you work a proven method is the best way to implement a Marketing System.
Selective, Personalized Business & Marketing Coaching
… we typically work with fewer than nine coaching clients at any one time.
Our coaching program is personalized to each businesses’ unique situation so we typically work with fewer than nine coaching clients at any one time. We love to work with people who understand the necessity of a marketing strategy and are willing to fully commit to creating a marketing system for their company.
|What you will receive:||A fully operational marketing strategy, plan, and lead generation system. Step by step coaching and assistance throughout the creation and implementation of both.|
|Programs:||We offer the following programs:
|Rationale:||These programs are very cost effective when compared with the alternative of hiring an experienced marketing director at $90,000 – $120,000 annually, or even a recent business graduate at $40,000/year.|
Want to get your first one-on-one consultation for free?
Have a specific situation you want us to help you with? Just answer a few short questions, and if we think we are a fit we will schedule your first consultation for free. Click here. (new window)
Here’s some of what we will cover:
- Discover Your Ideal Target Market – In this section, we introduce the concept of “Strategy Before Tactics.” We’ll start by asking you to analyze and benchmark your current client base with an eye on identifying your “Ideal Client.” Once you discover your ideal target market or markets, you must define them in a way that is very easy to understand. You must then begin to communicate this definition to everyone in your firm, your vendors, and your network so that they can clearly understand who else might benefit from your services.
- Creating a Unique Core Message – In this section, we will focus on the discovery and communication of a core point of differentiation that drives every tactical aspect of your marketing. People commit to things they believe in and companies that understand that make their entire marketing about purpose instead of product. We will focus on making your clearly communicated sense of purpose a major part of your point of differentiation. We will then wrap things up on focusing on defining, moulding and communicating your culture in ways that support a positive brand experience.
- Brand and Identity – When it comes to your business, a properly executed identity can set the expectation for your client’s experience with your firm. In this section, we will work on developing more than just your logo or company name and dive into the entire scope of elements that we fit under the heading of style. Every time a client or potential client comes into contact with your firm they experience your firm’s brand style. By covering the all the elements described in this guide, you will be on your way to ensuring that these interactions will be in complete support of your company’s image.
- The Marketing Hourglass – The central element of the System is called The Marketing Hourglass. The hourglass shape places emphasis on creating a total customer experience as opposed to simply going out and generating leads. The steps in the Hourglass – know, like, trust, try, buy, repeat and refer will be linked to specific actions or processes in your business designed to move prospects and clients logically down the path of the Hourglass.
- Content That Builds Trust and Educates – Marketing today is more about being found and less about trudging out and hunting. In today’s online socially enabled world the currency of being found is content. Clients expect to find lots of information when they search, so we will help you create your plan for consistently producing the kind of content that builds trust, educates, and gets you found.
- Creating a Total Web Presence – It is no longer enough to consider your Web site as the only online marketing approach. In this section, we will discuss the various tools and tactics needed to take full advantage of the online buyer and social media participant.
- Search Engine Marketing – Getting your business found online is a necessity. It is a good idea to learn a thing or two about search engine optimization (SEO) but the good news is the typical small business only needs to focus on three things to greatly improve their chances for showing up in search results for key phrases. In this section, we will not only go into detail about the three most important factors for SEO, but we will also provide you with an SEO toolbox to help you get ahead in the search game.
- How to Win in Local Search – Local prospects and customers use the Web to find local businesses – everything from legal services to shoes. Positioning your business to be found by those local buyers can be the difference between surviving and thriving. We will show you how to dominate in the local search game by following a well thought out 5-step process.
- Advertising for Guaranteed Results – Advertising is one of the legs of the “Lead Generation Trio” and while it is potentially one of the more expensive items in the marketing budget it still plays a key role in your system. In this section, you will learn how to integrate your advertising spend with your content strategy to get the greatest return on investment.
- Referral Marketing and Strategic Partnering – Referral marketing is the second leg of the trio and when understood properly it will allow you to take a proactive view of referral generation as opposed to simply relying on chance mixed with effort. In this section, you will learn to build a referral engine for your business by implementing referral processes and campaigns to keep referral generation top of mind for your customers, partners and staff.
- Public Relations in Real Time – The third leg of the trio, Public Relations, can produce some of the most credible lead generation results when used in conjunction with the other two legs. From a trust standpoint, few things beat the mention of your firm by what is seen as an unbiased 3rd party. In this session, you will find specific information about how to create and format a PR toolbox to act as a systematic approach to PR generation.
- Turning Leads into Customers – Many small business owners dislike the idea of selling. The good news is that when you install and operate the Marketing System, you’ll find that your prospects will be sold in some cases before your first meeting. In this session, we’ll show you the steps involved in turning an educated prospect into a paying customer.
- Putting it All Together and Keeping Score – For our final wrap-up session, we’ll cover a lot of ground to make sure you move on with a firm foundation and plan of action to make everything we’ve covered in the Ultimate Marketing System come to life in your business. We will work on setting vision along with tactical goals and creating metrics to gauge your progress. We will also cover the importance of maintaining a marketing budget and living by a set calendar that acts as a visual marketing project management system.
Want to contact us first? Call or send us an email:
KURIAN MATHEW THARAKAN
Managing Director, Strategic Marketing Services
Edmonton, Alberta, T5N 4B6